The Earth-Rite FIBC system monitors the resistance of Type C FIBC bags ensuring that the conductive elements of the bag are capable of dissipating static charges in compliance with Cenelec CLC/TR: 50404.
The FIBC system can be setup to ensure that operators ground the bag before operations are started. During the bag filling / emptying process the Earth-Rite FIBC system continuously monitors the resistance of the bag so that if it rises above the recommended level of 1 x 108 ohms the process can be halted.
This feature ensures the generation and accumulation of static charges on the bag is stopped eliminating the risk of an incendive electrostatic spark discharge.
To compensate for normal wear and tear on Type C bags it is important to ensure the bag maintains its capacity to dissipate charge and also ensure the ground connection between the bag and plant earth grounding point is functioning correctly.
• Enables hazardous area operators demonstrate Best Practice compliance with Cenelec CLC/TR: 50404
• Resistance monitoring system, combined with machine interlocking output contacts (x2), ensures operators correctly clamp and ground the bag before filling or emptying can commence.
• While the process is underway the system continuously monitors the resistance of the bag ensuring static charges have a safe static dissipative path to the plant earth ground.
• Red and pulsing Green LED indicators tell operators whether or not a good ground connection is made.
• FIBC Stainless steel clamp and system enclosure suitable for Zone 21, Zone 2, Class I, II, III, Div. 2
• Zone 1 and Class I, II, III, Div. 1 options available