Loss in Weight Feeders are used for precise dosing of solids and liquids in the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries. The feeding accuracy is judged by the reproducibility, linearity, stability and drift. The WMH weigh modules from METTLER TOLEDO can increase the performance of these devices in all criteria.
The performance of feeders range from 100g up to 50`000kg per hour. The accuracy ranges from 0.25 to 1%. The maximum achievable accuracy depends on the properties of the material being dispensed. A characteristic of Loss In Weight Feeders is the cyclical change between controlled gravimetric dispensing and uncontrolled volumetric dispensing during refilling. The uncontrolled volumetric dispensing during refilling has to be kept as brief as possible in order to achieve accurate results.
An suitable electronic feeder control and a conveyor which fits to the material properties of the dispensed product can improve performance of Loss In Weight Feeders strongly. However, the dispensing accuracy depends to a large extent, on the quality of the weighing technology.
Criteria for weighing technology for a Loss in Weight Feeder:
– Controller technology with high quality signal processing to filter out vibrations
– Fast data transfer for short cycle time of closed loop controller
– Good linearity over the entire measuring range
– High weighing capacity to carry heavy feeder, hopper and metering device
– High weighing capacity to store a lot material inside hopper
– Solid construction with overload protection for fast refilling of hopper
Thus, WMH weigh modules simplify the design of Loss In Weight Feeders significantly. Benefit from the advantages of the EMFR technology used inside WMH weigh modules. Achieve higher accuracy whilst reducing process optimization efforts. Your customers will dispense faster, longer and more precise.